The social media world is getting noisier every day, with more than 30 billion pieces of content shared per month on Facebook alone, competition for people’s attention is getting more fierce and aggressive.
Table of Content: Tips Of Copywriting For Social Media Platforms
In order to get a step ahead of competitors, one needs to wield the words wisely. That means writing posts that stand out from the clutter and speak directly to what the audience wants.
The key to a successful content strategy starts with eloquent writing skills. In this article, we dissect and provide you with the best-proven strategies that will help you take over all aspects of Social Media.
What Is Copy Writing?
Copywriting is the art of moving words around to sell more/better.
Let’s suppose, ABC Company hires you that has a webpage that gets 1 out of 50 visitors to buy their tool or service or any product.
If you were a copywriter, you have to create a content strategy that would figure out how to make 5 out of 50 of those visitors buy. This means 5x more sales from the SAME webpage!
A good copywriter will understand how to do this with their written strategies, and also how to re-arrange pictures and CTA buttons to drive more sales.
Why Do People Hire Copywriters?
- Most profitable marketplaces, online and offline, hire copywrites to write the best killer copy.
- Write for ads, websites, social media, ads, blogs, B2B, email marketing blasts, and more.
- Analyze the Emotional Marketing Value of their headlines and subject lines automatically.
- Implement the fundamental formulas that will make their business successful, or fail.
- Create the best ways to market them to get results fast, using AUTOMATION.
- Apply the entrepreneurial, copywriting, and marketing skills learned to boost their sales.
- How to structure their sale copy to reach out to clients like a pro-seller.
- How to structure their content headlines based on the target market.
- How to choose the target market and why. Doing this right, and the chance to make it big will increase by 1000%.
- Communication skills that will make them stand out in the stream of competitors.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of the best online marketing tactics, and their implementation.
- Speaking to the prospective clients and customers in a relaxed and confident way to win their trust and loyalty.
- Reach out to social media top influencers and editors to expand your network and get published on the top sites.
- Using the power of FREE to generate sales, overnight, and to create promotions.
- How to use Call to Action’s most powerful words, driving results via CTA Buttons, and how to avoid disasters.
- Using automation software to boost sales and productivity by 1000%.
High-Quality, in-Depth Content
It doesn’t matter how your audience interacts with your work, it needs to be the best possible version of your work. Your content needs to be unique, high quality, eloquent, and written to professional standards. Upon reaching the standard, Google will reward you.
One huge is to get ahead in copy lengths, Analyze the webpages above you in the SERPs. How good are they? Are they well-written? Do they answer the questions customers are asking? Do they understand searcher intent and how to respond to it? Once you have your research, you can go in two opposite directions.
If the 2,000-magic-spell in your sights fails on any or all of these factors, you may be able to kick the ball out of the park with a shorter, tighter, laser-targeted 1,500-magic-spell. Or you can go for the 2500-magic-spell to the goal.
Now, writing shorter pieces of content for mobile’s smaller interfaces may be tempting. Don’t, though. You’ll lose out to those more extensive curated pieces of content, written without such an artificial constraint. Instead, leave it to your UX/UI designers and developers to get the indentation (responsiveness of website) right.
Convert Visitors to Leads
Attract your social media users by putting up catchy content in advance and scheduling it beforehand using Social Champ!
Compelling Headlines: Key to Conversions
As David Ogilvy says, “On the average, five times as many people read the headlines as the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent 80 cents out of your dollar.”
A simple formula is to go by this checklist:
- Start with a working title.
- Stay accurate.
- Make it sassy.
- Have some fun with alliteration.
- Use strong language.
- Make the value clear.
- Make it visual.
- Focus on the “whos,” not the “whys”
- Keep it short.
- Try to optimize for search and social.
- Brainstorm with someone else.
Know Your Character Limits
Every social network has a character limit. Some networks allow you to write extensive content to get your point across. While, on others (namely Twitter), you’re forced to focus on concision.
7 Essential Copywriting Formulas That Work Well on Social Media
We’ve pulled together a few of the Copywriting Formulas to give you an idea of how these formulas to aid in curating the most engaging content from The Ultimate Guide by Copy Hackers.
PAS (Problem, Agitate, Solve)
Example: Aren’t you a graphic designer? But you can still create beautiful graphical posts and infographics. Head over to Canva.
4 C’s (Clear, Concise, Compelling, Credible)
Example: All Social Networks. All-In-One-Tool. See why Guy Kawasaki recommends it!
AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action)
Example: 75% more outreach to your social updates? Yes! It’s possible. You can have too. Start today.
The “Open Loops” Technique
Example: He had to manage six social networks single-handedly. Here is how he made it possible.
Bridge After Bridge
Example: Having a problem with scheduling all social networks one by one? There has to be a better way. Try Social Champ.
4 P’s (Picture, Promise, Prove, Push)
Example: Social Media Marketing? Less Time-Consuming. How? Try Social Champ free for 14 days.
Bridging the offline past with the online present
SEO builds the base of SERPS of any webpage, follow the checklist to make sure how the long-established rules of copywriting work in today’s SEO copywriting environment.
- Do your research
- Write an attention-grabbing headline
- Involve the reader further with subheads
- Make it easy for the reader
- Calls To Action Buttons
- Treat editing as separate from writing
- Get someone else to read your work