So, what’s the secret of going viral on Instagram? Is it Instagram Reels? One minute you are watching and scrolling your feed, and the other moment, you are creating your Instagram reel on Runaway by Aurora.
You are all over Instagram; you are VIRAL! People love your video, they are recreating it, tagging you, and now you are a popular Instagram celebrity 😀
Table of Content: Instagram Reels
- The Basics of Instagram Reels
- 5 Steps to Create Reels for Instagram
- How to Find & Add Audio to Instagram Reels
- Make the Most of Instagram Reels for Business
- Instagram Reels Dimensions, Size & Aspect Ratio
- Steps to Boost Instagram Reels With Instagram Ads
- 3 Tips to Earn Money From Instagram Reels
- How to Access Instagram Reels Analytics
- Best Time to Post Reels on Instagram Reels
- How the Instagram Reels Algorithm Works
- Viral Instagram Reels Cheat Sheet
- Over to You!
- Frequently Asked Questions
That’s how the influence of Instagram Reels works! It can make you IG queen or king in minutes. So, let’s be honest if one thing that makes Instagram shine among the other social media platforms is IG Reels.
With over 1.39 billion active users having access to Reels, it’s clear that it’s not just the content that is the king. It’s actually the video content, specifically short, witty ones. If you are one of the few people on earth who hasn’t yet jumped on the Instagram Reels bandwagon. It’s time to roll your wheels and enter the world of it.
Well, this visual platform is continuously evolving and changing, but unfortunately, Instagram hasn’t rolled out a way to schedule posts within the platform. No worries, scheduling and publishing reels are much easier when you have the right Instagram Scheduler in your hand.
Wondering how you can make the most of IG reels? Stick with us till the end to discuss everything from the basics to all the top tips to make your Instagram account stand out in the crowd.
The Basics of Instagram Reels
Welcome to the exciting world of Instagram Reels!
Here you can watch short, 15-second videos of people walking around, talking to the camera, and occasionally showing off a new outfit or hairstyle. These are revolutionary, and I am not just saying that because I am Gen Z. They are short, sweet, and to the point, which is honestly all that you need to create Instagram content.
If you are anything like the millions of Instagram users out there, you will love Reels too!
The option to create Reels on Instagram is available for all, from personal to creator accounts. Here is how you can also make some amazing ones:
- Brainstorm ideas for your Reel. What kind of content do you want to create? What would your ideal viewer want to see?
- Keep it short and sweet. Instagram Reels are meant to be watched in one sitting, so ensure your video is no longer than 15 seconds.
- Be creative with your content. Think outside the box and come up with creative ways to engage your audience.
- Use relevant hashtags. Hashtags are a great way to reach new people and get your Reel in front of more people.
- Add music to set the mood. Music can help set the tone for your Reel and make it more engaging.
- Reels can be educational, informative, or just plain fun.
- Once you know what kind of content you want to create, come up with a creative and catchy title.
- Finally, add some fun effects and editing to make your Reel pop!
View this post on Instagram
5 Steps to Create Reels for Instagram
Creating IG reels is super easy. Here I am sharing five steps to create your reels.
- Step 1:First, open your Instagram account
- Step 2:Next, Tap the + icon at the middle downside of the app.
- Step 3: Select Reels
- Step 4: Record your video. Either you can upload your video or record it right there. Hold the record button to shoot your video. You can record reels in the series of clips; if you set a timer before then, it will give you a countdown. Tap the recording button to end the clip and start it again. Then with the ‘Align’ button, line up your objects.
- Step 5: Once done, you can use either music, voice-over, or any sound effect. Add stickers and emojis & hit the share button.
How to Find & Add Audio to Instagram Reels
If you want to add audio to your Reels, there are a few different ways to do it. You can either upload an audio clip from your phone or use a song from your Instagram music library.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the + icon at the middle downside.
- Click Reels.
- On the top left, select the music icon and choose the song you want to use for your content.
- Browse through different soundtracks to find the right track, or you can use the search bar to find the specific track or click on ‘see more’ to discover new audio.
- Once you have decided on your track, you can now adjust it in your video accordingly.
Never Miss the Viral Trends!
Create, Schedule, and Publish Instagram Reels ahead of time within one centralized dashboard ahead of time.
Make the Most of Instagram Reels for Business
As a marketer, you always want to be ahead of the curve and take advantage of new opportunities. Reels can help you reach a wider audience and promote your products or services. Here’s how you can make the most of it for your business.
Instagram Algorithm Does Wonder
The algorithm is the reason why our feed is not always chronological. It’s why we sometimes see posts from days or weeks ago. The Instagram algorithm does wonders for Reels. This is because the algorithm is designed to show users the best content for them. It considers several factors, including the user’s interests, the time of day, and user location. The algorithm also looks at the reel’s content and its popularity.
It makes the process of finding and watching videos much easier and also promotes videos that are relevant to users and their interests. This helps users find the content they are more likely to engage with. The algorithm also favors longer videos that have been watched multiple times. This means that users are likely to find videos they will enjoy watching.
Have Fun With Trending Audio
If you are looking for a fun, new way to express yourself on Instagram, consider using audio in your Reels. With so many creative and funny audio clips available, there’s sure to be something that fits your personality and style. You can find a variety of audio clips to use, ranging from popular songs to sound effects, and they are all super easy to use. Additionally, audio in your Reels is a great way to stand out from the crowd.
Here are some tips on how to set trending audios for your reels:
- Find a popular song or sound that you think would be fun to lip sync.
- Record yourself singing or lip-syncing to the music.
- Use fun filters and editing techniques to make your video stand out.
- Share your video with your followers and see if it catches on!
So have some fun with it and let your personality shine through!View this post on Instagram
Post Consistently With a Calendar
If you are looking to up your game, one of the best things you can do is start posting Instagram Reels regularly. But if you are unsure of where to start, a social media calendar can be helpful.
A social media calendar can help you track when to post your Reels and what kind of content to include. It can help you ensure that your Reels are spaced out evenly and are consistent with the rest of your social media content. Planning will help you stay on track and make the most of your Reels.
A social media calendar will help you plan and map out your content strategy so that you can post consistent, high-quality Reels.
You can use Social Champ’s social media calendar to schedule & organize your posts.
Collab With Influencers and Businesses
If you want to mix up your content strategy and reach a new audience, consider partnering with influencers and businesses on Instagram Reels. By partnering with others on Reels, you can access their audience and vice versa. It’s a great way to reach new people and grow your following.
Here are a few tips for how to do so:
- Define your goals. What do you want to achieve by partnering with other businesses and influencers on Reels?
- Research your options. There are a lot of businesses and influencers out there, so take some time to find the ones that are the best fit for your brand.
- Create great content. This is key to any successful influencer partnership.
View this post on Instagram
Instagram Reels Dimensions, Size & Aspect Ratio
When creating a Reel, it’s important to know the correct dimensions and size. Here are the IG Reels size and dimensions you should use:
- Dimensions: 1080px x 1920px
- Aspect ratio: 4:5
- Size: 1080 px width and 1350px height
Steps to Boost Instagram Reels With Instagram Ads
If you want to increase your IG reach, boost reels with
- First open your Instagram app.
- Go to your profile.
- Select the Reel you want to boost.
- Tap on the three dots.
- And now tap on ‘Boost Reel’.
Related Article: A Complete Instagram SEO Guide to Gain More Visibility
3 Tips to Earn Money From Instagram Reels
If you love spending time on Instagram and are good at creating engaging content, then you can make money from Reels. There are several ways to earn money from this IG feature. Here I am sharing some of the most popular and effective methods.
View this post on Instagram
Selling Brands & Products
If you want to get your brand or product in front of a larger audience on Instagram and, of course, to make money, you should consider using creative Instagram Reels. It is a relatively new feature on the platform that allows creating of only 15-second videos. While you can’t post links in your Reels, you can mention your brand or product in the video and include a link in your bio. You can also use hashtags and tags to help get your Reels in front of more people.
Selling brands and products on Reels can be a great way to make money.
All you need to be creative and produce engaging content that will get people to buy the products you are selling. By creating short, engaging videos, you can reach a wider audience and generate more interest in your products or services. Additionally, you can use Reels to target a specific audience, which can help you boost your sales.
As brands look for new ways to engage with customers, many turn to IG Reels. Reels offer a creative and engaging way for brands to collaborate with influencers and customers. You can create informative and entertaining Reels by teaming up with other brands.
Brand collaboration on Reels is partnering with another brand to create short, creative videos that promote both companies. It’s a win-win situation, as both brands can reach a wider audience and generate more leads and sales.
A few things to look for when choosing a brand to collaborate with are:
- A solid social media presence.
- A good reputation.
- A clear understanding of what you will be expected to do.
Once you have found a company you are comfortable working with, you can start creating content and promoting their products or services.View this post on Instagram
Earning With Affiliates
If you want to earn extra cash, you may want to consider affiliates on Instagram Reels. You can make money by promoting products or services through your Reels.
To get started:
- Firstly, find businesses or brands that you like and that are relevant to your interests.
- Then, reach out to them and ask if they are looking for affiliates. If they are, they will provide you with an affiliate link.
- Once you have the link, promote the products or services on your Reels. You will earn a commission when someone uses your link to make a purchase.
By partnering with brands and promoting their products on your Reels, you can earn a commission on any sales that result from your efforts. It’s important to remember that not all brands will be a good fit for your account, so be choosy about who you partner with. Ensure that their products align with your personal brand and that you are comfortable promoting them to your audience.
Monitor Your Instagram Analytics With Social Champ
Track the performance of your IG posts. Get weekly & monthly graphs and download presentation-ready PPT/PDF reports.
How to Access Instagram Reels Analytics
Here’s how you can check your Instagram Reel analytics.
- Go to your profile.
- Now, go to the reels tab
- Select the Reel that you would like to view metrics for and below the Reel, tap View Insights
Featured Article: TikTok Influencers: Everything You Need to Know in 2022
Best Time to Post Reels on Instagram Reels
While the best time to post on Instagram in 2021 may have been 2 a.m. on a Wednesday, the answer for 2022 isn’t quite as clear. But it’s important to note that the social media landscape is constantly changing. What works today may not work tomorrow, so staying up-to-date on the latest trends is essential.
When it comes to Instagram, one of the best ways to do that is to experiment with different posting times to see what works best for your audience. Of course, this takes time and effort, but in the end, it’s worth it
According to reports, the best time to post on Instagram is:
- Monday: 6 AM, 10AM, 10PM
- Tuesday: 2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM
- Wednesday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM, 12 AM, 7 PM
- Friday: 5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
- Saturday: 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
- Sunday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
Also, it depends on a few factors, such as your audience and goals.
How the Instagram Reels Algorithm Works
You are lucky if you are among the many curious people about how the Instagram Reels algorithm works. Because here, I am explaining how it works & essential tips to crack it.
IG Reels is a feature on the Instagram app that allows users to create and share short videos. The algorithm that powers Reels is based on engagement. The more people watch and interact with your Reels, the more likely others will see them.
The factors include the number of likes, comments, and shares a video receives and the number of views. The algorithm also looks at the number of people who saved the video. It also looks at the creators you follow and the accounts you interact with the most. Additionally, you can use hashtags and trending topics to make your content more discoverable.
Cracking the Instagram reel algorithm can seem daunting, but there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of being seen. Here are a few tips for outplaying with the IG reels algorithm:
- Use trending hashtags: Use popular hashtags to ensure as many people see your content as possible.
- Time your posts wisely: Timing is everything about social media. Make sure you post your content when people are most active on Instagram.
- Use engaging content: Keep your content engaging and interesting. If your content is boring, people will scroll right past it.
- Use creative visuals and interest: ensure your videos are engaging and capture people’s attention. This can be done by using creative visuals and audio and telling a story that people will want to follow.
Viral Instagram Reels Cheat Sheet
Are you ready to take your Instagram game up a notch? As more businesses & marketers flock to Instagram to take advantage of its growing popularity, one question remains: how do you create a viral Instagram Reel? While there’s no surefire formula, there are a few tips you can keep in mind to increase your chances of success.
Use On-Screen Text
Use on-screen text to add captions to your videos, making them more engaging and informative. The on-screen text can also be used to create call-to-actions, helping you drive more traffic to your website or blog. You can either use the built-in text tool in the Reels editor or add text to your video before you upload it to Instagram.
Here are a few tips to help you add on-screen text to your Reels:
View this post on Instagram
- Use variety. Mix up your text’s font, color, and size to add interest.
- Use animations. Animations can help draw attention to your text and make your Reels more fun to watch.
- Be creative. Have fun with stickers and emojis.
- Use a bold or bright color for the text to stand out against the background. You can also use a shadow effect to make the text more readable.
Jump on the Trending Audios
If you want to make your Instagram Reels more interesting, consider using trending audio. By using audio that is popular on other Reels, you can make your content more relatable and engaging. Not only will your Reels be more enjoyable to watch, but you may also get more views and likes. To find trending audio, search for it on Instagram or another audio platform. Then, download the audio and add it to your Reels.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Look for popular songs currently trending on other social media platforms, such as Spotify or YouTube.
- Use hashtags to find audio clips relevant to your niche or brand.
- Ask your followers for suggestions. They might have some great ideas.
- Be creative and have fun with it. There are no rules, so experiment with different audio clips to see what works best with your Reel.
- Look for popular songs or sound clips that are currently trending on Instagram. You can find these by searching for hashtags like #trendingaudio or #instareelsaudio.
Use audio that is appropriate for the content of your Reel. For instance, if you are posting a funny video, look for a humorous sound clip to add to it.View this post on Instagram
Hashtags Are Must
If you want more views and engagement on your Instagram Reels, one of the best things you can do is add hashtags. They are a great way to get your content in front of more people and can also help you get featured on the Explore page. Using relevant hashtags can increase the reach of your Reels and get them in front of a wider audience.
Here are some tips for using hashtags on your Reels:
- Use a mix of popular and niche hashtags.
- Use relevant ones that are specific to your Reel.
- Change up your hashtags regularly to reach a different audience.
- Use hashtags to promote your Reels on other social media platforms.
- Keep them relevant to your brand and content.
Using relevant hashtags helps your Reels show up in search results, which can lead to more views.
Add an Attention Grabbing Hook
Are you looking for ways to make your IG Reels more attention-grabbing? Here are some tips to get more views and engagement on your Instagram Reels.
View this post on Instagram
- Use trending topics and hashtags. Check out what’s trending on Instagram and use relevant hashtags in your Reels. This will help you get more views from people searching for those topics.
- Use engaging audio Your audio can make or break your Reel, so make sure to choose something catchy and attractive.
- Keep it short and sweet. People have short attention spans, so make sure your Reel is to the point.
Post Your Reels at the Best Hours
Posting your Instagram Reels at the best hours can help you get more views and engagement on your content. Reels are a great way to showcase your talent or business, and you can reach a wider audience by posting at the right time. Posting during the best time of the day can also help you get more views, as there will be less competition for users’ attention. Experiment with posting times to see what works best for you and your content.
Over to You!
Overall, I think Instagram Reels is an excellent addition to the platform and can be a fun way to express yourself and your creativity. It is a way to add some variety to your content and make your feed more interesting. If you are looking for a way to spice up your Instagram feed, Reels is worth a try!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do IG Reels Go On Your Feed?
Ans: Yes, IG reels go on your feed and you can choose whether you want to show it to your main feed or not
- Can Reels Make Money?
Ans: Yes, reels can make you earn money. You can make $300 for a single reel.
- How Many Hashtags Can You Add in Reel?
Ans: You can add around 10 to 11 hashtags in a Reel.
7 thoughts on “Instagram Reels: How to Escalate Your Marketing Strategy in 2023”
Such a superb guide about Instagram reels. Well, I was super confused to use them, though, but your guide is truly the best one to follow! Thanks 😀
I have been hooked to your article. Its visually appealing and filled with sheer information. Love all the examples as well.
Never been into reels before, but your write up is now forcing me to try one! Thanks!
Instagram reels simplified! Such an amazing write up! Thanks a lot.
What a powerful guide! I will definitely implement these tips in my next Reel.
Amazing! Thank you for sharing such a detailed guide with us, this will help the marketer a lot in Instagram marketing.
I also believe Reels short videos are the best way to increase your audience on Instagram. Only if consistency is really maintained and your content is worthy.