TikTok, the viral social media app for dance challenges, lip-syncing videos, and extraordinary creativity, is probably the biggest platform for self-expression. Since the platform has a wide community, of course, you will find people of every type.
But wait, what happens when you encounter an unwelcome person on this platform? Of course, your top priority would be to ignore such people and protect your privacy.
To save yourself from the mental stress and letting it affect your creativity, you need to know the common ways to block someone on TikTok. Whether it’s a stubborn troll, a spammer crowding your comments section, or just someone you’re not getting the right vibe from, the power to control your TikTok experience lies in your hands.
An essential part of using social media as your creativity stage is to let the negativity out of your profile and your life.
Just adding a pro tip here if you are looking to maintain a post frequency on TikTok, then give a shot to the popular TikTok scheduler.
So, let’s dive into the details of how to block someone on TikTok, making sure your account remains filled with positive vibes and a safe space for you and your followers.
Why Would You Block Someone on TikTok?
Before we get into the “how”, let’s consider the “why” first. Blocking someone on TikTok isn’t about being judgemental of someone; it’s about preserving your online safety. Here are a few reasons why you might consider hitting that block button:
To Dodge Unwanted Attention
TikTok can sometimes attract unwanted admirers who might spam your comments or send unnecessary messages. Blocking them ensures you regain your space to shine TikTok marketing.
To Filter Negative Vibes
While TikTok is mostly a center for creativity, you might occasionally run into negative or hurtful comments. When you block the source of these comments, you’re doing yourself and your followers a favor by keeping your profile positive.
To Manage Your Privacy
If there’s someone you don’t want watching your content, blocking can be an effective privacy measure.
To Curate Your Feed
By blocking an account, you can also remove their content from your “For You” page and make your TikTok experience more enjoyable.
Now that we’ve got the “why” out of the way, let’s get to the “how” of blocking someone.
How to Block Someone on TikTok via Mobile [Quick & Easy Steps]
Now, there could be many reasons to block someone on TikTok. It could be that you don’t like the content they create and don’t want to see any more of it or any other way around. Of course, you don’t want certain people to watch your content, comment on your content, or, in general, interact with you.
Luckily, TikTok makes it really easy to block a user. Simply follow the steps below about how to block someone on TikTok and have a joyful experience on the platform.
Step 1: Open the TikTok App
Sign in from your TikTok app on your mobile. It doesn’t really matter if you’re using Android or iPhone; the steps are the same.
Step 2: Search for the Profile
Go to the profile of the user you want to block. You can find profiles in a few ways:
- For You Page: If their video appears on your “For You” page, tap on their username to go to their profile.
- Search Bar: If you know their username, use the search bar to find their profile.
- Notifications: If you’re blocking someone who has recently liked or commented on your content, you can access their profile from your notifications.
Step 3: Access Profile Options
Once you’re on the user’s profile, look for the ‘Share’ arrow in the top right corner of the screen. These dots indicate the Share menu.
Step 4: Tap Block
Click on Block from the menu that pops up. A confirmation message will appear to ask if you’re ready to proceed.
Step 5: Confirm the Block
Confirm the block by clicking Confirm on the confirmation message to finalize the process. Once you do this, TikTok will prevent that account from interacting with you further.
Recently, some people have been seeing an arrow share button instead of the three dots.
So you just click on the arrow to enter the Share menu and follow the same steps as explained above.
How to Block Someone on TikTok Using a Desktop
Here’s how you can easily block users on TikTok via desktop. Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Go to TikTok
Sign in to your TikTok account via desktop.
Step 2: Search for the profile
Go to the profile of the person you want to block. You can either search the profile through the Search Bar, Notifications, or from the ‘For You’ page.
Step 3: Access Profile
Now you are on the user profile, hover to the three dots
Step 4: Click Block
Next, click on the block option
Step 5: Confirm Block
If you are sure to block, then confirm the message, and there you go!
How to Block People on TikTok in Bulk
TikTok gives the handy option of bulk blocking in case you become the target of a hate group and receive harassing comments on your content. You may also want to bulk-block spammers and scammers to protect both yourself and your followers.
You can bulk block up to 100 people on TikTok without going to each individual’s profile. So let’s see how to block people on TikTok in bulk.
- Long-press the comment from an account you want to block. Or just tap the pencil icon in the upper left corner. It will give you multiple options.
- Tap on Manage multiple comments. It will allow you to select multiple comments from users you suspect are scammers or if they’re posting hateful comments. Select as many as you want, up to 100.
- You will be given two options below. Click More.
- You will be given two options. Select Block accounts.
- TikTok will ask you for confirmation. Select Block accounts again.
There you go, a simple yet effective way to get rid of unwanted accounts within a few minutes.
What Happens When You Block Someone on TikTok
Now that you know all about how to block on TikTok, let’s find out what blocking an account on TikTok even means.
After you block an account, there are a bunch of things that a person won’t be able to do. Let’s see what blocking someone on TikTok means:
- No More Comments: The blocked user won’t be able to comment on your videos. Those negative or unwanted comments will be a thing of the past and you can make
- No More Duets or Reactions: Duets and reactions to your videos from the blocked account will stop. This means they won’t be able to create videos alongside yours or react to your content.
- No More Direct Messages: Any direct messages or chat messages from the blocked account will be halted. You’ll have peace from any unwanted communication.
- No More Profile Views: Your profile, TikTok Live videos & other videos will be hidden from the blocked user. It’ll be like you’ve disappeared from their TikTok world.
Now, that’s very fool-proof. TikTok makes it impossible for a blocked account to contact you in any way on the platform. On the other hand, once you block an account, you won’t be able to see their content as well. This shows TikTok’s dedication towards making the platform safer for content creators.
Steal the Spotlight With Social Champ
Schedule captivating TikTok videos with a unified dashboard and post at the golden hours of the day!
How to Unblock Someone on TikTok [Quick & Easy Steps]
In case you have blocked someone by mistake, or there is someone on your blocked accounts list who posts trending videos and you want to watch, TikTok gives you the option to unblock them. There are two ways to approach it. Let’s see how to unblock on TikTok and you can decide which to use.
- From Profile
This one follows all the steps you need to block a person from their profile.
- Head to the profile you want to unblock
- Click the arrow on the top right corner
- Select Unblock from the menu
- From Blocked List
This method can also be used for bulk unblocking.
- Go to your profile page
- Select the hamburger icon on the top right corner. It looks like three horizontal lines.
- Select Settings and Privacy from the menu
- Now select Privacy
- You can see the option of Blocked accounts at the very bottom. Select it.
- Now you can see all your blocked accounts. Simply select the Unblock option for the accounts you want to unblock.
We’ve reached the end of our guide on how to block someone on TikTok. I hope our easy-to-follow guidelines will help you make your TikTok profile safe and relevant for yourself and your followers.
Blocking someone on TikTok isn’t about shutting yourself off from the world but about taking control of your online space and ensuring that your time on the platform is enjoyable and safe. It’s a handy tool that helps you make the content you want to see and interact with users who uplift your TikTok journey.
Remember, TikTok is all about creativity, fun, and sharing your unique self with the world. So, whether you’re being selective about your For You Page, protecting your privacy or just managing who can engage with your content, blocking accounts is a useful feature that lets you navigate TikTok on your own terms.