Twitter has been on a roll of steady growth since its evolution. However, its acquisition by Elon Musk fueled the jet of drastic changes to its platform. In fact, in 2022, a huge chunk of Twitter’s population searched “how to download Twitter Videos”, and most of the methods depended on using a third-party service.
But after the platform was rebranded as X, a recent update made it possible for the blue tick subscribers to download videos without relying on any third-party app. However, even this method has some restrictions. In this guide by Social Champ, we’ll give you step-by-step instructions on how to download Twitter videos, even if you’re not a blue-tick subscriber.
So, let’s put our game face on and dive right in to learn how to save Twitter videos now!
How to Download Twitter Videos on PC, Mac or Desktop
Let’s say you came across a really interesting video and want to keep it with you. But you have no clue about how to download Twitter videos on PC. Well, we’ve got you covered.
Downloading Twitter videos has multiple benefits.
- It can save you the hassle of searching for your favorite videos.
- You can easily access the videos while offline.
- You can always have a copy with you, even if the content gets removed.
You will have to use an online Twitter video downloader to download videos on your desktop. Before doing so, ensure the third-party service is free from spam and phishing attacks. Only opt for services that have positive feedback available.
There are various options available on the internet, but we will only share the most reliable ones here:
Build Your Profile on Twitter with Social Champ!
With Social Champ, maintaining a Twitter account is super easy. Schedule all your tweets in advance with our X scheduler!
Twitter Video Downloader
To save Twitter videos, you can use a Twitter video downloader, Chrome, or any other browser. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Twitter.com and find the tweet with the video you want to download on your computer.
- Click on the video tweet and copy its URL.
- Go to Twitter Video Downloader and paste the copied URL into the box.
- Right-click the download button next to the resolution. Choose the file size and quality and click save the video.
- Locate your downloaded video in your download folder.
- You are done!
You can always opt for another option if you don’t want to use Twitter Video Downloader. Twittervid is a great alternative. Here’s how you can use it:
- Open Twitter.com and find the video you want to save.
- Click on the video and copy the URL.
- Go to Twittervid.com and paste the URL of the video you wanted.
- Click on download and select your download quality.
- Pat yourself on the back and enjoy!
For Blue Tick Subscribers
Our blue tick audience is in for a treat! We will guide you on how to download Twitter videos in 2024 using the perks of your blue tick. But there is a catch: You can only download videos posted after the 25th of July 2023 and those enabled for download by the original owner.
If you found a video that fits the download criteria, great! Here is how you can download it:
- Open the X app on your device and search for the video you want to download.
- Tap on the video to reveal its controls.
- Select the full-screen mode available on the bottom right of the screen.
- In full-screen mode, tap the three dots icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select download video from the menu.
- The video will now start downloading.
How to Download Twitter Videos via Browser Extension
Twitter video downloader is also available as an extension for Chrome. It is free and open source that lets you download videos once you are signed in to your X account. Follow the steps given below to download videos using this extension:
- Install the Twitter Video Downloader extension in your Chrome browser.
- Open Twitter and navigate to the tweet with the video you want to download.
- A download icon will appear under each tweet when you open the video tweet.
- Click on the download icon. This step will initiate your download.
Related Article: How to Track Twitter Analytics in 2024
How to Download Twitter Videos on Android Mobile
If you want to watch all your favorite videos on the go, you need to download them to your phone. To save Twitter videos on your Android, an app that supports downloading videos from X is required. Here is how you can do it:
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the app. Download Twitter videos, download them, and install them on your phone.
- Next, open X and view the tweet with the desired video. Tap share and select copy link.
- Open the Download Twitter Videos app and paste your copied link in the bar.
- Tap on the download icon with an arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted to choose the video quality for your pasted link. Select the one that suits you and tap the download icon next to the video size.
And that’s how you easily download your favorite videos to your phone. Google Play Store has numerous apps that offer downloading videos from Twitter. Just check out their rating, and you can try them. According to our observations, the “All Video Downloader” and “Download Twitter Videos” apps showed the most promising results.
Now, enjoy your commute or leisure time by watching all saved videos from Twitter.
How to Download Twitter Videos on iPhone
You can carry out the download videos process from Twitter in iOS using the following methods:
TVDL Siri Shortcut
All iOS devices have an impressive built-in function that downloads Twitter videos directly to the iDevice without relying on any third-party app. This TVDL is a Siri shortcut, and it works remarkably well. Here is how to go about it:
- Select the video you want to download and tap on Share. In the share menu, choose “share tweet via.”
- Choose the most relevant TVDL option from the provided list of TVDL.
- Select the video quality you desire from high, medium and low. Tap on your choice, and that’s how you save a video using the Siri shortcuts on your iOS device.
Tweet Save App
To download a Twitter video on your device using a third-party app, you can do it as follows:
- Open the app store and download the TweetSave app.
- Open X and locate the tweet with the video that needs downloading. Tap on share to copy the tweet link.
- Go to the TweetSave app and paste the copied URL into the link box.
- Tap download, select your resolution quality, and download the video to your iOS gallery.
Related Article: Twitter Tools to Maximize Your Reach in 2024
Can the Blue Tick Subscribers Download Any Video Available on X?
A verified blue tick can work wonders on X. It offers various tools and download options that can help you stand out from the crowd. However, there are some limitations to downloads. A verified badge owner can only download videos posted after this new update, i.e., after the 25th of July, 2023. Also, if the video owner bars the download, you can’t download the video. Moreover, age restrictions will also come into play during downloads. Anyone under 18 can’t avail of the download service by X.
X is a great microblogging platform for sharing content. However, it doesn’t allow all users to download videos. If you want to know how to download Twitter videos, you’ll have to become a blue checkmark subscriber either or use a third-party application or website.
Downloading a Twitter video on an Android requires the installation of a third-party app. For iPhone, you can use the TVDL shortcut or an app from the app store. X exclusively introduced a video downloading feature for its verified badge subscribers. You can download videos directly from X if you’re a blue tick subscriber, provided that the creator enables the download option.
So, there you have it: a complete guide on how to download Twitter videos!