Ever heard about an International Pizza Day celebration? Ever run into a Cat Day vibe at your office? Well, these days are celebrated with a lot of pomp and show within organizations as a winning marketing strategy.
Table of Content: Social Media Holidays
In fact, there are a lot of social media holidays that are observed religiously by marketers and brands to share relevant content accordingly, engage in conversations, and take the opportunity to build collaborations with fellow observers of the day.
In spite of the immense potential these days offer for enhancing brand visibility and fostering greater engagement, a majority of marketers remain unaware of their existence. And even if these days are recognized, they often need to be acknowledged until a significant brand is observed commemorating them.
Hence, to get you covered with a comprehensive compilation of all the social media holidays celebrated worldwide that you can efficiently manage with a power-packed social media management tool, I have curated this exclusive blog post for you to explore.
Exclusive Social Media Holidays
Let us begin with a rundown of all the social media holidays that occur every year and should be a part of your annual social media content calendar.
Social Media Holidays for January
You can kickstart a spectacular social media power show by celebrating holidays in the first month of the year – the new beginnings of January.
- January 1: New Year’s Eve
- January 2: Science Fiction Day
- January 4: National Trivia Day
- January 6: National Tech Day
- January 9: Clean Off Your Desk Day
- January 12: National Youth Day
- January 13: National Hat Day
- January 19: Get to Know Your Customers Day
- January 20: Cheese Lovers Day
- January 24: National Compliment Day
- January 28: Data Privacy Day
- January 29: National Puzzle Day
Social Media Holidays for February
Next in rolling, a series of holidays that you can feature in the welcoming month of February.
- February 4: World Cancer Day
- February 5: World Nutella Day
- February 7: Safer Internet Day
- February 9: National Pizza Day
- February 11: Inventors Day
- February 13: World Radio Day
- February 14: Valentine’s Day
- February 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day
- February 18: National Battery Day
- February 20: Love Your Pet Day
Social Media Holidays for March
Then comes the month of March, with exciting social media holidays to be celebrated.
- March 3: World Wildlife Day
- March 4: National Grammar Day
- March 6: National Dentist’s Day
- March 7: National Cereal Day
- March 8: Women’s Day
- March 9: Popcorn Lovers Day
- March 14: Potato Chip Day
- March 15: Equal Pay Day
- March 18: World Sleep Day
- March 20: International Day of Happiness
- March 21: World Poetry Day
- March 22: World Water Day
- March 25: Earth Hour Day
- March 30: National Doctor’s Day
Social Media Holidays for April
For April, the following celebrations can take place.
- April 1: April Fool’s Day
- April 2: World Autism Awareness Day
- April 3: Find a Rainbow Day
- April 7: World Health Day
- April 10: Encourage a New Writer Day
- April 11: National Pet Day
- April 15: National Tax Day
- April 16: National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
- April 22: Earth Day
- April 23: National Book Day
- April 25: World Malaria Day
- April 26: World Denim Day
- April 29: International Dance Day
Social Media Holidays for May
You can keep the month of May centered towards awareness with the below-mentioned celebrations.
- May 1: International Workers Day
- May 2: World Asthma Day
- May 4: World Password Day
- May 5: Space Day
- May 9: Europe Day
- May 14: Mother’s Day
- May 15: International Day of Families
- May 21: National Memo Day
- May 26: Heat Awareness Day
- May 28: Hamburger Day
- May 29: Memorial Day
- May 31: World No-Tobacco Day
Social Media Holidays for June
A set of following social media holidays will do good for the month of June.
- June 1: Global Day of Parents
- June 3: National Donuts Day
- June 5: World Environment Day
- June 6: Higher Education Day
- June 11: International Children’s Day
- June 14: National Flag Day
- June 19: Father’s Day
- June 20: World Refugee Day
- June 21: International Yoga Day
- June 27: National Sunglasses Day
- June 30: Social Media Day
Social Media Holidays for July
For July, below mentioned celebrations take place.
- July 1: National Postal Workers Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- July 7: World Chocolate Day
- July 8: National Video Games Day
- July 9: Fashion Day
- July 12: Malala Day
- July 15: Give Something Away Day
- July 17: World Emoji Day
- July 29: Talk In An Elevator Day
- July 30: International Day of Friendship
Social Media Holidays for August
A packed calendar for the month of August can go with the following holidays.
- August 1: Respect for Parents Day
- August 2: National Coloring Book Day
- August 8: International Cat Day
- August 9: National Book Lovers Day
- August 10: National Lazy Day
- August 12: International Youth Day
- August 15: National Relaxation Day
- August 16: National Tell a Joke Day
- August 19: World Photo Day
- August 20: National Lemonade Day
- August 24: Peach Pie Day
- August 26: National Women’s Equality Day
Social Media Holidays for September
For September, you can celebrate the below-mentioned days.
- September 4: National Wildlife Day
- September 6: Read a Book Day
- September 8: International Literacy Day
- September 9: Standup to Cancer Day
- September 12: International Day of Encouragement
- September 15: International Day of Democracy
- September 18: Civic Day for Hacking
- September 21: International Day of Peace
- September 22: Car-Free Day
- September 26: European Day of Languages
- September 27: World Tourism Day
- September 28: National Women’s Health and Fitness Day
- September 30: International Podcast Day
Social Media Holidays for October
The month of October can be exciting, with fun celebrations on the go.
- October 1: International Coffee Day
- October 2: International Day of Non-Violence
- October 3: National Techies Day
- October 4: World Animal Day
- October 5: World Teachers Day
- October 7: World Smile Day
- October 10: World Mental Health Day
- October 13: World Sight Day
- October 14: National Dessert Day
- October 15: Global Handwashing Day
- October 16: Bosses Day
- October 24: United Nations Day
- October 30: Checklist Day
- October 31: Halloween
Social Media Holidays for November
After a massive celebration of Halloween, you can take the month of November slow and steady with informative holidays.
- November 1: National Authors Day
- November 2: National Stress Awareness Day
- November 3: National Sandwich Day
- November 4: National Candy Day
- November 8: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Medicine (STEM) Day
- November 13: World Kindness Day
- November 14: World Diabetes Day
- November 15: National Entrepreneurs Day
- November 17: International Students Day
- November 19: International Men’s Day
- November 20: Universal Children’s Day
- November 21: World Hello Day
- November 24: Black Friday
- November 25: National Listening Day
- November 27: Cyber Monday
- November 29: Electronic Greeting Card Day
- November 30: Computer Security Day
Social Media Holidays for December
End your year with a bang with a set of fun celebrations on your social media platforms.
- December 1: World Aids Day
- December 4: National Cookie Day
- December 5: World Soil Day
- December 10: Human Rights Day
- December 11: International Mountain Day
- December 21: Crossword Puzzle Day
- December 25: Christmas Eve
- December 27: No Interruptions Day
- December 31: New Year’s Eve
Get Your Hands on Our Social Media Holiday Calendar!
Check out our social media holiday calendar for the year 2023, plan your posting calendar, and make your digital presence engage-worthy and attractive.
6 Powerful Tips to Plan Your Social Media Holidays Calendar in 2023
While I have already put up an exclusive rundown of all the social media holidays celebrated across the globe within this guide, you might find picking up relevant holidays a little tricky if you are new to the business. Hence, below are some tips to help you set up a beneficial social media holiday calendar.
Understand Your Goals
The first and foremost tip is to be as aware of your goals as possible. You must know why you are celebrating a specific holiday and what benefits you expect to achieve through this strategy. It can be anything from increased engagement, creating brand awareness, generating leads, and more. Hence, before picking up holidays to celebrate, set goals and objectives to achieve through each of them.
Know Your Audience
Get a clear understanding of audience personas relevant to your brand. Know each and every detail about your target audience, for example, who they are, which type of social media content they prefer, and how you can persuade them to engage with your brand and become a part of your social media holiday celebration. These insights will help you choose holidays that resonate with their interest, and you will also be able to tailor content according to their liking.
Choose the Right Social Media Platforms
The next important step is to identify the social media platforms your target buyers mostly use. Those should be the platforms you show up maximum at. Hence, plan a social media holiday celebration on the platforms that can help you get the right audience’s attention and hit all your planned milestones.
Create Interesting Content for Each Holiday
A crucial element of planning a social media holiday calendar is to define engaging content themes for each holiday. You can either opt for static posts or even choose videos to make your version of the celebration an eye-grabbing one.
Establish a Posting Schedule
When it comes to being a maestro in executing social media holidays, consistency is the key. Believe me, nothing except a well-driven posting schedule can help you maintain a consistent mark on each social media network. Hence, a winning strategy is to create a social media calendar with all the weekly and monthly content planned and scheduled in advance. No last-minute hassle and chaos, just automated post-publishing on the go with the help of the right social media calendar tools.
Track Your Performance
Once your social media calendar is planned and on the run, your next step should be to measure your performance whether your planned holidays and content streams are yielding the results you want or if it is all going in vain. Tools like Social Champ, which comes with a ‘Monitoring Analytics’ feature, can help you track your performance metrics and deliver insights based on platform-centric metrics. You can also generate comprehensive PDF/PPT reports with detailed insights into your performance to share with clients and stakeholders.
Related Article: 15+ Most Popular Social Media Apps in 2023
5 Great Examples of Social Media Holiday Posts
I think I have got you covered with quite a lot of the details, and now it is time for some inspiration. Check out these awe-inspiring examples of how brands and individuals celebrated social media holidays and made the best use of the opportunity.
The platform celebrated ‘World Emoji Day’ on its social media handles with an engaging visual and goofy caption. This post worked in their favor as it got them engagement, reach, and pinch of some new followers. They also used a clever strategy by showcasing their ‘Publish’ feature in the visual, allowing people to know more about the features of the tool and how it can benefit their interests.
Cookist is a social media website that has a lot of fun and easy recipes for the foodies. Their Instagram page celebrated ‘World Chocolate Day’ with a yummy-looking visual elaborating a few benefits of the use of chocolate as a food. Nothing but a winning tactic for a food/recipe account, right?
Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team showcased a celebration of ‘International Coffee Day’ on their Facebook profile. Now, if you observe, coffee has nothing to do with their business’s niche. However, they still opted to celebrate the occasion. Core motive? Definitely to grab some eyeballs and get some engagement.
Melinda French Gates
Melinda French Gates is an American philanthropist, businesswoman, and global advocate for women and girls. One of her Instagram posts shows an instance where she celebrated ‘National Read a Book Day,’ sharing two of her favorite books with her followers.
Handle The Heat
Owned by Tessa Arias, Handle the Heat is an Instagram account based on baking recipes and kitchen science. Tessa, in one of her posts, shared a celebration of ‘National Cookie Day,’ persuading her audience to share her favorite recipes. In my opinion, this seems a great engagement tactic.
Integrate Social Champ to Align Your Posting Schedules!
Check out our social media calendar feature and create schedules for all your weekly and monthly postings.
Plan Your Calendar to Become a Pro Social Media Manager
No doubt in the fact that there is a lot on the shoulders of a social media manager. However, once you get your social media posting scheduled and aligned within a calendar, you are a freebie to get your hands on tasks requiring more attention and investment.
Here comes the role of tools like Social Champ, which offers a diverse ‘Social Media Calendar’ feature capable of syncing your weekly and monthly posts within a sleek calendar view. It comes with a drag-and-drop functionality that allows you to easily edit, create, schedule, or delete any posts. Once planned, you can view the calendar anytime you want and make any amendments if needed.
Moreover, this calendar can also be shared with your team members so that they remain in sync with what is next to come on your social media platforms. This feature is nothing else than a winner, adding to your productivity, engagement, and social media milestones.
Summing It Up!
No matter how much you are investing in generic content on social media, the digital landscape is competitive enough and requires adaptation of newer trends, such as that of social media holidays. Hence, sit down today and pick up social media holidays that resonate with your brand’s image. Get your team along with you and create engaging holiday posts that can help you attract a larger set of audience.