YouTube is a star-studded place!
It is a large hub that rose to fame with all the big stars like Pewdiepie, MrBeast, Like Nastya, and others. Let’s be honest, this second-largest platform is a limitless wonderland of video content, and we all love to spend a chunk of our time on the platform.
Table of Content: How to Post a Video on YouTube
From big YouTubers to small ones, you will find everyone on the platform, whether a dance troupe, skin care specialist, pet owner, motivational speaker or even your back-door neighbor.
At some point, you may want to upload your YouTube video, and probably after seeing these YouTubers earning good cash, there’s the main question swirling in your head.
How to post a video on YouTube
Your content is ready, but you need help uploading your videos on YouTube. Of course, it can be challenging for individuals like you who haven’t uploaded a single piece of content on the platform before. So, posting your content on the platform can be a huge step, but you never know what this platform can bring for you.
Remember, BTS started with a simple music video channel in 2013, and now they are ruling the world with a huge fan following.
Don’t be afraid to take a step. Maintaining consistency and uploading new content daily is pretty hectic, especially when you have so much on your plate. To streamline your daily tasks and video content, use tools for YouTube management.
How to Post a Video on YouTube
Posting a video on YouTube is super easy. If you have your content ready and are just looking for the proper steps to post your content on the platform, here’s a step-by-step process to help you upload your content.
Before we dive into the steps, let’s have a look at the variety of video uploads the platform is offering to the users, it includes:
- HEVC (h265)
How to Create a Channel on YouTube
The first step of how to post a video on YouTube is to create a YouTube channel. If you don’t have one, you need to make it first, and if you already have one, all you need is to log in to your account to upload your content.
Here’s how you can create an account on YouTube.
- Go to YouTube
- At the top right, click ‘Sign in.’
- Sign in with your Google account and verify your account
- Head over to YouTube and click create a channel
- Add your profile picture, name your channel, add a description and relevant links
And there you go, you have successfully created your YouTube channel.
Discover What’s Happening on YouTube with Social Champ
Connect your favorite YouTube blogs to your social media feeds, and never miss out on important platform updates.
How to Post a Video on YouTube With Desktop
As a creator, you spend most of your time behind the screen. If you have your videos on your PC, you can easily upload your videos using the desktop. Follow the steps to post a video on YouTube using the desktop version.
Step 1: Go to YouTube
Step 2: Click on the ‘Create’ icon at the top right
Step 3: Choose ‘Upload a video’ from the drop-down menu and select files from your PC
Step 4: Once your video is uploaded, write a scroll-stopping title and description, customize your thumbnail and click ‘Next’
Step 6: Now, if you want to add screen cards, you can choose from your PC, or you can even import from your video and select ‘Next’
Step 7: YouTube will check your copyright issues. If there aren’t any, you can click on ‘Next’
Step 8: Now choose the visibility of your video and hit the ‘save’ button
Related Article: YouTube Shorts: Everything You Need To Know
How to Post a YouTube Video With a Mobile
Social media managers must always keep up with the latest trend, thanks to the YouTube app that made life easier with just a few taps. So, if you want to upload your content via mobile, here’s how you can do it.
- Open your YouTube app
- Tap on ‘+’ at the placed at the bottom
- Next, tap on upload a video and choose your video to upload
- Make necessary changes. Add sound, text, or frame and tap ‘Next’
- Now, add the title and description and hit the ‘upload’ button
Featured Article: 200+ Amazing Instagram Captions for Selfies to Get More Saves
How to Post a YouTube Video Using Social Champ
Staying consistent with your video content is challenging, but Social Champ can help you stay consistent and save time. Here’s how to schedule your YouTube videos using Social Champ
- Go to Social Champ and login to your account
- Go to add account and choose YouTube from the drop-down
- Now add your description, spice it up with trending emojis and hashtags
- Next, click on the media icon and upload your video. You can either upload your video from your PC or upload from Google Drive
- Once you upload, add the title of your video
- Next, click more options and set your videos to the public
- Now, select the category, add tags and choose your thumbnail
- Once done, decide your preferred time and click the ‘Schedule’ button
8 Tips to Grow Your YouTube Channel
So you want to become the next YouTube sensation? Well, it’s not as easy as you think! Growing your channel takes time, so I am here to help. With these top 10 tips for growing your YouTube channel, you can take it to the next level in no time.
From creating content your audience will love to optimizing your videos for search engine, these tips will help you get the most out of your YouTube marketing.
Target the Right Keywords
YouTube is an incredibly powerful marketing platform, but it’s not just about uploading videos and hoping for the best. You need to target your keywords to get the most out of your channels and YouTube tools are the best of all when it comes to how to post a video on YouTube.
Keywords are the terms people use when searching for videos on YouTube, and if you identify the right keywords, you can get more views, subscribers, and engagement on your channel. Targeting the right keywords can get your videos in front of the right people, increasing your chances of success.
Here are the top tips for using the keywords in your YouTube channel:
- Pick your topic: It’s important to plan your content ahead of time, pick your topic, and research the keywords around that specific topic.
- Use Autocomplete feature: YouTube offers an autocomplete feature, which gives you an idea of what’s trending and what people are searching for. Make the most of this option, and adjust your keywords.
- Use YouTube keyword research tools: These keyword research tools can benefit you. You can finalize your primary and secondary keywords using tools like Google Trends, TubeBuddy, Ahref, and others.
For instance, here’s an example below.
Use Eye Catchy Thumbnails
Thumbnail is the first thing people see when they scroll through YouTube, and it’s your opportunity to grab their attention and make them click on your video. These thumbnails are the small preview images that represent your videos. They aim to grab users’ attention and convince them to watch your video. But how do you create an eye-catching thumbnail that steals your audience’s attention?
Here are the top tips for creating an eye-catching thumbnail that will make your viewers stop and notice.
- Thumbnail size: The perfect size for YouTube’s thumbnail size is 1280×720 pixels, and image formats are JPG, GIF, and PNG.
- Use a relevant Image: Visualization is important, so use a still image from your video. It allows your audience to relate to your video.
- Add Graphic element: Add a little sparkle of graphic elements in your thumbnails. It can be anything, including stickers, emojis, or plain text.
Here’s an example from Like Nastya’s YouTube channel and she has over 102 Million subscribers.
Title Videos Like a Pro
You are about to embark on a journey requiring much hard work, dedication, and creativity. One of the most important aspects of creating a successful YouTube channel is ensuring that your videos have catchy titles that will draw viewers in and make them want to watch. It’s the first thing people see when they come across your channel.
Titles can make and break your video performance, so you make sure you are presenting your content like a pro. Here I have put together some tips to help you title your videos like a pro and get more views on your YouTube channel.
- Your title should match your video: I know this is obvious, but many YouTubers don’t go with this and bury their leads.
- Mention your audience’s pain points: Once you know what your audience wants, you can speak to the pain points in your title to get more eyeballs on your content.
- Include the keyword in your content: Your primary keyword should be in your title and description, so your videos can also rank on the search engine.
Here’s an example from Pewdiepie’s YouTube channel.
Encourage Users to Follow Your Series
Have you ever been so hooked on a series that you can’t wait for the next episode? We all have! And if you are running a YouTube channel, you want your viewers to feel the same way about your videos. But how do you encourage users to follow your series?
The answer is simple: create an engaging story and keep them hooked in your series. Honestly, series are the best and a win-win scenario for creators and viewers.
As a creator, you are super excited to work on your next series, and of course, you don’t have to rack your brain for new ideas. As a viewer, you have something to look forward to and keep coming to the channel.
For instance, a famous YouTube channel Bon Appetit knows the drill. They have different series that make their YouTube presence consistent.
Add Call to Actions
You have created some amazing content on your YouTube channel. You’ve got the perfect thumbnail, catchy title, and engaging video. But you are still not getting the engagement you want. What’s missing? You guessed it: Call to Action (CTAs). CTAs are the secret sauce to driving more engagement and views to your content. These little messages appear on your videos telling viewers what to do next. They could be as simple as “Like this video” or more complex like “Subscribe to our channel for more great content”. So, when you know how to post a video on Youtube, don’t forget to add CTAs.
Post at the Right Time
Are you struggling to get your YouTube channel off the ground? You’re not alone. There’s a lot of competition, and it can be difficult to stand out. But one thing that can help is timing your posts right. That’s right. Timing is everything when it comes to YouTube. can mean the difference between success and failure. After all, you want to maximize your viewership potential and ensure that as many people see your content as possible.
Convert your Viewers into Subscribers
Need help converting your YouTube viewers into subscribers? You are not alone. Many content creators struggle to grow their YouTube channel and convert views into subscribers. You know subscribers are the key to success on YouTube, as they are the ones who will come back to watch your content over and over again. So, how do you convert those viewers into subscribers? Here are a few YouTube tips to help you out.
- Make sure your content is engaging and entertaining. This will encourage viewers to watch your videos and subscribe.
- Create content that is useful and relevant to your audience. People are more likely to subscribe if they know they will get useful information from you.
- Promote your channel in other places, such as social media or other websites. This will help you reach a larger audience and increase your chances of converting viewers into subscribers.
Keep an Eye on YouTube Analytics
As a content creator, it’s essential to understand the analytics associated with your YouTube channel. YouTube Analytics provides data on how viewers interact with your videos, so you can better understand your audience and optimize your content. This data lets you track your video views, watch time, estimated revenue, and more. Knowing how your channel performs and which videos resonate with your audience will help you decide where to take your channel and what content to produce.
Not to forget, YouTube offers five different variety of metrics that can help you track the success of your channel:
- Channel metrics
- Reach metrics
- Audience metrics
- Revenue metrics
- Video metrics
Be a YouTube Star!
To sum up, how to post a video on YouTube is a super easy task and growing your channel is a challenging task but not impossible. You can find success with the right combination of planning, hard work, and knowledge to adapt. Use tips and tricks to ensure your channel stands out from the competition and continues engaging with viewers. By experimenting and discovering what works best for you, you can have a thriving channel you are proud to call your own.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does It Cost to Post a Video on YouTube
Ans: Posting a YouTube video is absolutely free.
- How Many Views Do You Need on YouTube to Make Money
Ans: You need 4000 watch hours in the past year to make money.
4 thoughts on “How to Post a Video on YouTube: A Beginners Guide in 2023”
With YT being a money-making medium, this was a much-needed guide!
Estoy realmente fascinado con este artículo, muy fácil de leer y entender. Muchas gracias por compartirnos tus conocimientos, sigue así!
Nice! This article is incredible, and provides every little detail a newbie video maker can do to kickstart their video making efforts.
It is also a good idea to add subtitles to your Youtube videos, especially for language/accent reasons. A lot of people also watch tutorials, etc., on mute, so there it can be helpful as well.