Since its start in 2010, Instagram has taken the globe by storm. It looks like everyone, and I mean EVERYONE — and their food — is on the platform. Cue slow clap.
You may have also seen the increase in brands who’ve grown a presence on the platform. But is Instagram deserving their time, and should your company also be on the platform? The answer is yes!
- Instagram users will spend an average of 28 minutes per day on the platform in 2020
- 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile daily
- 62% of people say they have become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in Stories
- More than 50% of Instagram accounts use Explore every month
- Marketers spend 69% of their influencer budgets on Instagram
- Marketers spend 31% of their Instagram ad budget on Stories
That’s way stronger than on any other network. YouTube comes in second at just 11%.
If you intend to incorporate Influencer marketing into your plan, Instagram is the best area to start.
For videos, brands pay an aggregate of between $114 and $3,138, and for Stories, they spend between $43 and $721.
Instagram is third in terms of youth advertising influence, behind Facebook (113.3 million) and Snapchat (66.9 million).
Stats source: Hootsuite
Let’s Start From the Roots!
It’s clear that Instagram isn’t just for individual use anymore — whether for you or your food or your cute little kitty.
It’s now a global platform that empowers brands to humanize their content, hire new talent, showcase products, and spur their audience.
Before we begin, it’s essential to note that Instagram intends to have more in-the-moment content. To stay relevant to your audience, you should invest in the resources required to post regularly.
How to Create an Instagram Brand Account?
- Email Address – Official
When producing a business account, make sure that you sign up with a business email address.
This will make sure that your profile is not linked to any personal account on Facebook.
Also, note that if you have Facebook you can log in with your Facebook account and password.
You will need a Facebook business account in order to make your Instagram account into a business one.
- Brand Identity – Name
Introduce your brand’s full name.
This will help your brand by being recognizable.
- Username – Short, crisp, cool!
Keep it precise, something that directly clicks to your brand, a short of your brand’s name, or all of it is always the best way to go.
Social Champ’s handle on Instagram is @socialchampio
Convert the Profile to a Business Profile.
Luckily, switching to an Instagram business account is actually very easy and can be done within the mobile app:
- Go to your profile and tap the “gear” icon.
- Tap “Switch to Business Profile.”
- Select the Facebook page that you’d like to connect to your Instagram business account.
- If you don’t see your business’ Facebook page as an option, make sure that you’re listed as an admin in the settings menu.
- Once the correct Facebook page appears, select it and tap “Next.”
- Choose a category. Make sure your profile is set to public. Private accounts can’t switch to business accounts.
- On the “Set Up Your Business Profile” page, review your business’s contact information, including your phone number, physical address, and email.
- Once everything looks good, tap “Done” to save your Instagram business account settings.
Jazz Up Your Brand’s Profile
- Profile Picture
Your display picture is your initial impression on your audience.
For this reason, keep your image compatible with your branding and visual markers.
Consider applying your logo or another familiar image.
Instagram display pictures are automatically cropped into a circle, so give room around the corners of your image.
- Instagram bio
Instagram bios have a limit of 150-character maximum.
So your aim here is to use your bio for promotions, greeting a newcomer, or briefly explaining what it is that you do and why should people follow you?
Your bio is the only area where you can feature a clickable URL and drive traffic to an external website.
- Story Settings
I suggest allowing all your followers to view and reply to your Stories to build brand commitment.
From your settings, click Privacy > Story to access your Story Controls.
Getting comments is exciting and supportive, but specific comments may go against brand values or offend your viewers.
From your settings, click Privacy > Comments to update these.
- Attaching Additional Instagram Accounts
This is an option best fitting for social media managers!
You can add up to five accounts and switch among them without logging in and out.
- To add an account, click Add Account at the bottom of your settings. Insert the username and password of the account you’d like to add.
Instagram Tips and Tricks to Help You Reach the Maximum Growth
1 – Required size
The Instagram story dimensions are 1080px by 1920px, that is an aspect ratio of 9:16. What this suggests is that your Instagram story video or photo should have to be 1080 pixels wide by 1920 pixels in height.
Instagram is very stringent about the size of your Instagram stories.
If you upload a picture or video to the Story that doesn’t meet the required dimensions, Instagram will go ahead and crop or sometimes zoom into your photo/video.
This will cause poor quality and sometimes essential visuals being chopped off.
2 – Features on the Top
Here’s a quick review of the six editing icons accessible on the top on the screen. This is their need, from left to right:
Save – The Save icon enables you to save the picture you are working on, whether it’s just the photo itself or if it covers the edits you’ve performed. If you’ve attached in any gifs or music, it will automatically be saved as a video!
Filter – The Filter icon lets you add in some of the Visual Reality (VR) filters that are available. All you will have to do is swipe!
Linking – The Linking icon lets you connect something to your Story, which can be helpful if you’re expressing about a particular topic you’d want people to have the option to go to the website.
Unluckily, Instagram doesn’t allow users who have less than 10,000 followers to use this feature.
Accessories – With the Accessories icon, you can add different engagement features and stickers, which can also be obtained by swiping up.
Draw – Next up is the Draw icon, through which you can add in handwritten text or drawings utilizing a couple of free brushes and erasers.
Text – Last but not the least, the Text icon permits you to add in text, also conveniently accessible by simply tapping anywhere on the screen.
Memorize these by heart because these options can MAKE it or BREAK it for your Instagram Story marketing strategy or Instagram marketing!
3 – Gradient text
Pop your text on Stories!
This one is a little complex but produces a super awesome, eye-popping result.
You can give your text a gradient of multiple colors or a preferred group of colors.
Let me show you how it’s done;
- Compose the text in the font you’d prefer.
- Now, select the entire text and tap one of the given color icons and hold that down for a second or two.
- Next, at the same time, drag one part of the selected text while you drag your finger on the color towards other colors that you’d like to combine.
- As your selection moves across and your color changes, the gradient will appear on the screen.
Tip: Choose a set of colors, or a whole rainbow if you will!
4 – Neon Emojis
- Tap the screen to type as usual and simply add any emojis.
- Select the font – tap the top center of the screen where it mentions “Classic” Tap the same button until it says “Neon”.
- And just like that, bippity bappity boo, your selected are now glowing!
Tip: This Instagram story hack of neon emojis shows up way cuter on darker backgrounds!
5 – Solid Color with a Little Tease
It’s a cool way to create teaser Stories by giving away only a vital part of pictures.
- Put up an image to your InstaStories.
- Tap on the Pen tool right next to the Text tool.
- Then choose any color from the given colors at the bottom.
- Hold down anywhere on the picture for a few seconds until the color fills the screen.
- Woohoo, you have packed a background color.
- Then tap on the Eraser icon. Drag your finger over the screen now, erase the part of the color block that you need to reveal.
Tip: These Instagram story tips are a perfect way to announce giveaways or new products!
6 – Hide Your Hashtags
Don’t crowd your stories with hashtags. Make them transparent by blending them into your picture or video.
- Type your #hashtag; pick a color from the palette.
- If the color you prefer isn’t there, use the color dropper and tap the color in the picture where you want to cover the tag.
- Shrink it if required, and hide it in color.
Tip: Do not shrink the hashtags too much; Instagram algorithms will not take them in the count.
7 – Pin text/sticker/emoji
- Film a video.
- Add the sticker/text/emoji to the video.
- Press firmly on the thing entered, and a Pin screen will appear.
- There will be a bar at the foot of the screen where you can scan through the video to find the ideal spot for your object.
- Move your object to precisely the right spot of the frame.
- Tap “Pin.”
Tip: This Instagram marketing tip is perfect for the customers’ engagement. You can ask them to tell you which emoji they saw; it will also be an element of surprise.
8 – Schedule
The most basic level of sharing on Instagram is to offer your audience continuous content!
In a busy life today, posting content every day, ain’t nobody got the time for that!
Use tools like Social Champ to schedule your content on Instagram and make your Insta-profile lively and fun!
You don’t have to go through the hustle of downloading images to add them to your posts to schedule on Instagram.
Social Champ gives you a broad range of royalty-free images (without a watermark) and makes your work easier by every second through a single platform!
Adding hashtags (#) is a great way to get new followers and share your photos with more people. If you want your post to reach a wider audience, use 5 to 10 relevant hashtags, avoiding the most common or mainstream ones. Social Champ offers a variety of hashtags pertinent to your content through the software!
9 – Required Size
Instagram video and photo sizes have diverse dimensions depending on the adjustment of the picture and the video chosen.
1080 x 1080px
1080 x 608px
1080 x 1350px
10 – Save Drafts for Later
Instagram allows you to save an incomplete post as a draft that you can get back to and publish later.
All you have to do is;
- Upload or take an image on Instagram and start editing it.
- Then, hit the back arrow on the Edit screen, an option will show up that grants you the choice to Save Draft, Discard, or Cancel.
- Tapping Save Draft will save it, so that following time you click the camera key on Instagram, there’ll be a photo remaining for you in a new section called “Drafts” right over your Camera Roll. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
11 – Instagram Feed as an Online Shop
- The Monotheme
A monotheme is when you simply post pictures of one thing: your goods.
Typically, the images are close-ups of products.
It is the most famous among Instagram feed for shops.
The code is to be very productive with the photos.
- Lifestyle feed
You can also post pictures other than your goods only.
This will make your Insta feed more like a “lifestyle” feed.
The skill is to create a “lifestyle” throughout your products.
Share photos that are associated with your products.
- Color coordination
Many Instagram shops cling to a color palette for their Insta feed.
Colors are the character of their brand and create the wholesome vibe of their feed.
If you need to color harmonize your feed, choose 2 – 5 colors that go strong together and stick to them.
That will become your color palette.
You can also pick your color palette based on the shades of your products.
- Background perfection
My moto to photography is: the background of your picture is critical.
If you can, hold on to 1 – 5 different backgrounds for your pictures.
When you take a photo, focus on your background:
- It has to be clean, or
- It obliges to give context to your image
You need people to understand your products.
You don’t require your background to puzzle people.
- Tiles feed
This is added cool Instagram hack for your brand.
Create your feed like tiles.
The method is to substitute between a photo and a color or a quote.
It doesn’t require to be a quote only. It can be:
- Suggestions for your customers
- Details about your products
- A different sort of photo (with a diverse background color etc.)
- Line in the middle
This is a different type of Instagram marketing tips that you need to follow! The line in the middle is fantastic.
After all, it makes you want just to keep swimming through the ocean of your posts.
This is exceptional for you because it keeps your customers lasting on your page.
Ordinarily, people share quotes on a white backdrop in the middle.
But you can be as imaginative as you want.
Your line in the center can be anything.
12 – Link in the Bio
When an Instagrammer says “link in bio” in the caption, it is a CTA (Call to action) for the customer.
It encourages you to visit their profile and examine out their bio, which includes a URL that directs you to an external website.
Many famous people and businesses on Instagram lead you to the link in bio on their posts.
They practice it to advance their most recent product or service.
But you can only use a particular link on your bio page, so you should adequately make it count.
Here we discuss a few Instagram tips and tricks for your bio link:
- Add a link to your most desirable product. If merchandise is already successful, it delivers sense to put it up for the show. Choose something that will get people pinned, and then your customers will be spurred to browse through other stuff you suggest.
- Produce a promotion for a new product or a big sale. Use the social media hype to raise your sales. Master to mention the concessions and maybe give out promo codes.
- Present people free samples of your goods or emcee a giveaway. Free stuff always brings more customers, especially if there’s a time limit included.
- Let your members know who you actually are. You can place the link to your about page and draw them closer to you.
- Welcome people to view your video, browse your blog, or hear to your podcast. You can practice any of these formats to connect with your audience genuinely.
Fortunately, Instagram recently scored an option to incorporate hashtags in your biography, and these can be hyperlinked.
Also, you can obtain direct links to other profiles by tagging them.
13 – Instagram Shopping
Turn on Instagram Shopping in the Instagram App
To facilitate the ability to highlight products from the Instagram App:
- Go to your profile and tap the three bars
- Tap Settings
- Tap Business.
- Tap Shopping. Note: The option to tap Shopping is only available to accounts that have been approved for Instagram Shopping.
- Tap Continue
- Select a product catalog to connect to your professional account.
- Tap Done.
Tag goods in your Instagrams posts
- Select a photo and tap the “Tag Product” option
- Touch the products you want to tag within your photo
- Enter the names of each product, making sure the correct product is tagged
- Tap “Done” and “Share”
If you don’t see Shopping, your account is probably still under investigation, or it hasn’t been recognized for Instagram Shopping. The review method can take up to several days, but sometimes they may want to review the account in more particular, which can take continued time.
14 – Hide your Hashtags
One of the traditional methods of hiding hashtags is with Instagram periods (.)
This is a cuter way of relating and adding a series of periods between the edge of your caption and the start of your hashtag list.
So that they’re hidden beneath the “More” button for your followers.
Here’s how to do it:
- Type up your caption
- After the punctuation after your last sentence, make sure there are no spaces. Then tap return.
- On the new line, insert one period (.), and then tap return again
- Keep copying until you have plenty of Instagram dots between your caption and your hashtags.
- Paste in your hashtags and press publish!
It’s imperative to make sure that you don’t introduce any extra spaces after your sentences or after each Instagram dot. If you do, it will reverse out the line break and ruin the effect!
Putting an end!
The following of Instagram is incredible.
The single trouble with a platform that blew over 1 billion active users is making certain your posts are seen by people who are interested in what you have to tell (or sell) – needles and haystacks come to mind!
We’re living for all the wonderful new ways you can post your most high-grade photos and videos on Instagram.
From landscapes to portrait, and square photo possibilities, Instagram stories, IGTV videos, and videos in your Insta feed, there are various improbable ways to engage with your viewers and produce eye-catching content.
However fantastic these new options are, it can be a little crafty to figure out the perfect Instagram photo tricks can be for your content.
It’s all in the visuals!
So, take the time to design your feed. And please, don’t forget to have fun!
Until next time, see you all on Instagram for more Instagram tips and tricks!